Managing the sourcing and selling of transportation and logistics services is extremely complex and a significant factor in determining your profitability. Effectively managing sell-side to buy-side contracts, freight consolidation, carrier selection, shipment visibility and freight audit, and understanding mode specific requirements can be a daunting set of tasks for a transportation and container transport services. Descartes’ Transportation Management software can address all these areas end-to-end or with its modular architecture can be quickly implemented in the select areas where you need the greatest help now.
This solution suite has transportation mode specific capabilities to meet unique transportation management system requirements such as ocean contract management and air bookings. In addition, because of its integration to the Descartes Global Logistics Network™ (Descartes GLN™), much of the external parties and data required to run purchased transportation operations can be quickly available through pre-existing network connections.
The Descartes Transportation Management suite offers supply chain solutions for:
- Contract management including “buy” and “sell” rates
- Load optimization and capacity management
- Automated tendering/booking
- Multimodal shipment visibility including inventory and regulatory filing status
- Freight bill audit across ocean, air and LTL/TL contracts
- Integration to the Descartes GLN